Collection of general data and information
When you browse the ISPD website without an account, you are anonymous. Account creation is voluntary and application for membership is voluntary. ISPD does not collect personal information about any person that is not provided voluntarily.
The ISPD website collects a series of general data and information when a user or automated system visits the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using these general data and information, ISPD does not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, the ISPD website analyzes anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
Collection of Personal Information
ISPD captures individual information, including contact information and demographics for the purpose of doing business with ISPD, including: membership, store purchases, education and research, event attendance, continuing education credits, subscriptions, and other services. To gain access to members-only areas and personalized features or to make purchases on the ISPD website, users must create an ISPD account and provide individual information. If the user selects to opt-in, information submitted online may be used for other ISPD marketing uses, such as email and mail notifications of upcoming events that match the interests provided us. This information is submitted voluntarily.
If you apply for membership, register for training or a conference, or request any other product or service, ISPD collects information from you such as your name, title, company, address, phone, fax, e-mail address and professional discipline/interest. This information is collected only if you give it voluntarily. Information provided to ISPD will be used internally to process your specific request and will not be sold or shared with outside parties. Your information may be used to send you ISPD publications, information relating to upcoming ISPD activities or important membership announcements. In addition, ISPD makes members’ contact information available to other members through the Members-only website. This information can only be accessed with a legitimate ISPD username and password; for this reason, we strongly urge you limit unauthorized access to your ISPD username and password. You may edit your contact information at any time through your account on the website. If you have difficulty editing your information online, you may update it by calling or e-mailing ISPD headquarters at +1.434.979.4773 or email@example.com.
Points of Consent
Select All Mailings
- Global Updates e-newsletter
- Meetings and Events
- News Announcements
- Supporter Marketing Emails
Unsubscribe from all. Please note that you will continue to receive transactional mailings such as receipts, confirmations, and invoices.
Maximize your knowledge of ISPD membership by keeping up to date on new member benefits, volunteer opportunities, Special Interest Group activities, awards, and more!
Global Updates e-newsletter
The ISPD e-newsletter, Global Updates, features the latest developments in the field, Special Interest Group news, ISPD headlines, and more! The newsletter is currently complimentary for all prenatal diagnosis and therapy professionals.
Stay informed of news and developments impacting our field.
Meetings and Events
Receive news and updates regarding the International Conference and other ISPD education and events providing networking and professional development opportunities.
Assist ISPD by participating in occasional surveys to help us gauge trends in our field and share your feedback on your experiences with ISPD programs and events.
Supporter Marketing Emails
Learn about special services and offers from the ISPD industry supporters and exhibitors.
Disclosures to Third Parties
ISPD does not sell or rent your personal information to anyone except when:
- We have your opt-in consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you requested; or
- We need to send the information to companies working on behalf of ISPD to provide a product or service.
Companies that receive personal information from ISPD to execute the businesses of ISPD may use personal information to complete to service they have been contracted to perform, and they are prohibited from using the information provided for any other purpose.
ISPD also makes members’ names and business contact information available to other members on the ISPD website via the online Member Directory. Members may request that information is blocked from the online Member Directory through the Account Preferences page of this website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
ISPD may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal order; defend ISPD or its employees, affiliates or partners; or protect the personal safety of ISPD, affiliates, partners, members or site users.
Credit Card Information
You may choose to provide ISPD with credit card information to pay for membership dues, training or conference registration fees, or any other product or service. We will never voluntarily disclose your credit card information to any third party organization or person who is not employed or contracted by ISPD to process your payment. ISPD does not capture credit card account information online from purchases. Credit card payments are processed directly through a certified processor (i.e., PayPal).
ISPD has taken measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information on this website. We have the technology in place to provide secure transmission of data to and from our website. All information (including your address and credit card information) is encrypted when submitted so that no other party can access it.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
Our website is intended for adults, such as our members. ISPD does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. Please contact ISPD at email@example.com if you suspect that ISPD has collected any such information.
- Any material published on the ISPD website is protected by International Intellectual Property and Copyright laws. All text, logos, graphics, icons, photographs, software and audiovisual material fall under this protection. Permission is granted to download, copy or print material on ISPD’s website for personal, instructional or non-commercial use only.
- The information found on the ISPD website should not be used as medical, legal, business or tax advice.
We may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our websites or services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Additionally, if the collection of your personal data was based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Be aware that by revoking consent, you may lose access to services you previously opted to use.
You may request to review, correct, delete, or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us through the ISPD website. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
How to Contact Us
ISPD commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. ISPD takes its users’ privacy concerns seriously.
Attn: Privacy Officer
154 Hansen Road, Suite 201
Charlottesville, VA 22911 USA
- Content provided on the ISPD website has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change at any time. Links to other websites are provided for convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of the sites or the material found on them. ISPD has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Any material published on the ISPD website is protected by International Intellectual Property and Copyright laws. All text, logos, graphics, icons, photographs, software and audiovisual material fall under this protection. Permission is granted to download, copy or print material on ISPD’s website for personal, instructional or non-commercial use only. The information found on the ISPD website should not be used as medical, legal, business or tax advice.
- In no event will ISPD be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ISPD takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- While ISPD receives sponsorship from exhibitors of various companies for the annual conference and has a mechanism for corporate membership, ISPD does not have detailed knowledge of internal business activities of those companies that become corporate members or support the annual conference. Corporate membership or industry sponsorship does not constitute an endorsement on behalf of ISPD of the practices and business of individual sponsors or corporate members. If ISPD learns about confirmed unethical behavior by sponsors or members, this may be cause for termination of membership or sponsorship.
- Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. Please be aware that some of our services will not function if your web browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them "trusted websites" in your web browser. To learn more about the functionality of cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. This site includes instructions on how to manage your cookie settings on a wide range of browsers.